1. what's your name? barry
2. How old are you? 25
3. How many scars do you have? and i'm supposed to count these, that's far too much effort.
What makes scars?
A scar is the evidence that your body’s natural healing process is at work.
A scar is generally a healing wound or breach of the skin that forms as an essential part of the body’s natural healing process.
When skin is damaged, the immune system immediately responds to fight off infection.
Your immune system is made up of billions of white blood cells, lymphocytes, antibodies, and special organs.
If infection causing micro-organisms get past initial defenses, the body produces inflammation, along with other reactions such as fever, designed to conquer the unwelcome invaders. Inflammation causes an increase in the local blood supply so that large numbers of white blood cells can be brought to the area to fight the infection.
Active Scar Types
Most physicians will advise you to expect a scar to be actively healing for up to 2 years while the immune system completes its work. The type of scar that forms can depend on a variety of factors including the nature of the injury, the part of the body and the size and depth of the wound. Scars mostly consist of a protein called collagen, which is the most common tissue in the body. Scars known as hypertrophic and Keloid scars are caused by an excessive buildup of collagen and can cause great discomfort due to restricted movement, itching, dryness and distress. Keloid scars are caused by collagen deposits that extend beyond the boundaries of the wound and are larger than the actual size of the wound, raised and unattractive. Your immune system may remain active at the site of a Keloid scar for 30 years or more.
5. Are you depressed? not at the moment.
6. Are you bipolar? I have not been clinically diagnosed as such.
7. Are your parents divorced? no.
8. Are the scars self-inflicted? my self inflicted wounds from those days never scarred
9. Did you ask a friend to make the scars for you? no.
10. Why did you "scar" yourself? I believe that was clearly illustrated in the what makes scars segment above.
11. What are your 5 favorite bands? I have since been informed i can list as many as i want.
so divided by genre:
The Manic Street Preachers
Pop Will Eat Itself
The Dead Kennedys
Camper Van beethoven
The dead milkmen
The Violent femmes
but wait there's more:
Stone Temple Pilots
guns n Roses
The beta band
okay I lost the genre thing awhile ago:
the bloodhound gang
lords of acid
last batch i swear:
ziggy stardust era david bowie
12. Are you a vampyre? No, no I'm not. but if it matters in my geekier days i've played some in live action role playing.
13. Are you core? If so what type of core? uhm. . . Nerdcore?
14. Who hurt you the most? How? that question is entirely subjective. my answer would best be suited by saying myself in allowing myself to be in damaging situations.
15. Do you like muffins? If so, what's your favorite kind? not particularily i'm not big on sugar. at least in that form.
if you look really hard you can see my mental and emotional scars.
and currently my roots are showing and i need to re-bleach.